To strengthen our team we are looking for a
Category Manager ESO (m/f/d)
Permanent / Full-time / Barleben, Germany
- Prepare an annual purchasing plan for local region with spend and savings in line with the agreed sourcing strategy
- Achieve the targeted annual savings (as set in the cost reduction programs) by warranting the outsourcing and procurement strategy through the use of preferred suppliers and the negotiated price
- Prepare, conduct and conclude negotiations
- Select sources of supply, lead the commercial and contractual negotiation securing the optimal contractual agreement for the organisation
- Communicate conclusions to participating suppliers; ensure that decisions are communicated internally and that they are implemented within plan
- Act as procurement expert for suppliers within External Supply Operations (ESO) including focussed collaboration within SRT (Supplier Relationship) concept
- Manage supplier relationships and contracts through supporting the international supplier selection and relationship management, monitoring of contracts, implementation, evaluation of supplier performance metrics and follow-up commercial and contractual issues
- Recommend short-term and long-term sourcing opportunities, lead/facilitate supplier evaluations and enhance service levels for the procurement/category portfolio
- Represent purchasing in cross-functional teams, support ESO SRTs for bottleneck items, process changes etc.
- Work with Finance to resolve invoice queries
- Support Head ESO Procurement Germany in the global budget processes, spend, and savings reporting
- Lead the search and evaluation of 3rd parties including RFXs, due diligences, business case preparation for new launches and/or transfer projects
- Support due diligences at 3rd parties and audits
- Support category managers in designing and implementing strategies
- Drive generation of savings through VALUE CREATION / SSI+ and other initiatives in all business areas
- Maintain the Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) database and prepare key term sheets to highlight agreements milestones and main clauses
- Support ESO functions in addressing and solving deviations (Quality, Supply issues) and act as escalation line to 3rd parties senior/general management
- Establish close collaboration to sales organization in order to support their business needs with regards to COGs
- Responsibility for an annual purchase spend of 20-80M USD
What you'll bring to the role:
- University degree or polytechnic degree (Industrial Engineering / Business Economics or similar)
- 5 years of professional experience in a similar purchasing role
- Pharmaceutical background desired, knowledge of international FDF market is required
- Fluent English knowledge in writing and speaking, German is a plus
An open corporate culture, interesting and challenging tasks, attractive social benefits as well as opportunities for individual career growth within an international company.
Novartis Business Services (NBS) is the global service provider for Novartis – one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. About 500 associates in Germany deliver high-quality services to all Novartis legal entities in areas such as IT, Real Estate and Facility Services, Procurement, Product Lifecycle Services, HR and Finance.
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application at: www.karriere.novartis.de
Position ID: 256885BR
We develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible to improve and extend peoples’ lives. We do this, by supporting and promoting the knowledge and strengths of our employees and specifically use them to deepen our understanding of our patients and customers. Motivating conditions and an attractive salary are also part of our working environment, as well as our company culture, which is based on collaboration, curiosity, enthusiasm, courage and integrity.
Novartis stands up for equal opportunities and for the integration of persons with disabilities. Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.