The European Vaccine Initiative (EVI) is seeking a visionary Executive Director (ED) with a track record in health product development and mobilizing resources for innovative programmes.
EVI is a non-profit organisation based in Heidelberg, Germany. EVI is dedicated to accelerating the development of vaccines for diseases of poverty. It was founded in 1998 as EMVI and initially specialised in the promotion of malaria vaccine development projects, EVI has broadened its scope in the meantime to lead the European efforts in the development of effective, accessible and affordable vaccines for diseases of poverty and emerging diseases. EVI’s vision is to create a world free of the intolerable burden of these diseases within the coming decades.
EVI mission is to contribute to the global efforts to control these diseases by:
- Creating an environment to accelerate the development and clinical assessment of appropriate vaccine candidates,
- Promoting affordability and accessibility of vaccines for low- and middle-income populations,
- Seeking to align all major stakeholders and acting as a focal point to ensure the successful development of these vaccines.
In coordination with the EVI governing bodies, the ED is responsible for defining EVI’s strategic direction, ensuring that resources are in place to accomplish important mission goals, recruiting and retaining staff, keeping teams motivated and capable of exceeding expectations, and building the kind of corporate culture which supports EVI’s mission. The ED reports directly to the EVI Board.
- Ensure EVI’s continued development and position as one of the leading European entities within the field of vaccine development for diseases of poverty and emerging diseases,
- Establishment and execution of EVI's strategy, annual work plan, based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials,
- Build a high-performing EVI secretariat and play an active role in attracting, retaining and developing a high-performance team,
- Actively contribute in identifying and implementing cost-effective ways to reach corporate targets
- Identify different means of funding and cultivate corporate, individual, public and foundation sponsorships,
- Enhance visibility and transparency of EVI through engaging with external stakeholders via different means of communication including international meetings, conferences, business events and workshops or promoting the presence of EVI in (social) media,
- Inform on a regular basis the EVI governing bodies e.g. the Board, FRMC, Board of Stakeholders, Scientific Advisory Committee etc. about organization matters.
- Expertise in vaccine development
- MD or PhD degree in life sciences or similar,
- More than several years’ experience in vaccine industry
- Several years leadership experience, ideally in non for profit organizations,
- Commitment to results with emphasis on accountability,
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills,
- Strong motivational, integrative and staff leadership abilities,
- Integrity, impeccable work ethics,
- Business level in English language,
- Ability to work in an inter-cultural environment,
- High commitment to work and willingness to travel nationally and internationally,
- Strong coordination skills and work with the partnership
- Knowledge in managing, coordinating and supervising projects including financial oversight.
- Experience at change leadership and change management,
- Good knowledge in German language; other languages are a plus,
- High degree of self-organization,
- Knowledge of means of communication through media and social media,
- Master degree in business administration,
- Experience in clinical trials
Conditions of Appointment:
The ED will be based at EVI Headquarters, UniversitätsKlinikum Heidelberg, Germany.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, certificates and references and cover letter, outlining how their skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Salary will be commensurate with
Experience. Deadline for application is: 15th January 2019.
Please send Your applications to EVI HR Director, Sten Larsen Finnsson at the email:
email@example.com or apply via NotchDelta > Jetzt Bewerben