Pharmaron is a privately-held, globally established CRO, with over 4,000 employees worldwide, serving the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Director, Business Development takes over responsibility for Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and reports to the Senior Director, Head of Business Development EU.
The major accountability is growing sales across the company's Radiolabelled Sciences Division which includes radiolabeled drug metabolism services (preclinical, in vitro and clinical), and Phase 1 human ADME clinical pharmacology studies.
Onboarding will include trainings in the company’s UK headquarter and laboratories.
The position is home office based and offers an unterminated contract on full-time base, and a competitive benefits package.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Research and identify new clients in biotechnology/biopharmaceuticals developing therapeutics, qualify these prospects; establish new contacts within these companies relevant to the Radiolabeled Sciences services portfolio.
- Establish and maintain client relationships and strengthen existing relationships to maximize cross-selling business opportunities.
- Work closely with internal and external scientific teams and other business development colleagues to develop effective partnerships and client-driven strategies.
- Manage, together with internal scientific support, new business opportunities from point of inquiry to closing the sale.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales budgets.Maintain the CRM database with specific up-to-date information on sales leads, prospects and opportunities to facilitate accurate forecasting and reporting; issue monthly reports.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required.
- Assist BD team with special projects as required.
- Degree in Biology, Biochemistry or a related life science.
- Experience in the Life Science industry, ideally in the CRO space (e.g. study director, project manager), combined with business development experience.
- Knowledge of the CRO industry in preclinical and clinical drug development and / or environmental fate.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills in negotiation, alliance building, influence and consensus building.
- Ability to effectively work in matrixed project teams with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic opportunities to develop and grow the business.
- Outstanding customer service and communicator with internal and external clients.
- Good verbal and written skills in German and English, and the ability to listen.
- Detail oriented, consultative and a ‘team-player’.
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and managing client contracts (proposals, CDAs, MSAs).
- Good Computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRMs e.g. SalesForce, Sugar).
- Capacity to travel up to 40-50% of the time.
(gn: gender neutral)