Li-Cor Biosciences is a privately-held, globally established manufacturer of capital goods and accompanying consumables for drug discovery and research.
The Technical Sales Consultant is responsible for selling biotechnology products (instruments and consumables). He/she reports to the Director of European Sales.
Territory: North- and East-Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover, Schleswig-Holstein, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Sachsen-Anhalt, Thüringen, Sachsen, Würzburg).
The position is home office based, ideally in Berlin. It may require up to 50% travel or more in the assigned territory.
It offers an unterminated contract on full-time base, and a competitive benefits package.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Actively sell and reach targets as assigned in the territory: implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and customer contacts.
- Qualify and follow-up sales leads generated from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a sales plan to maximize the market potential.
- Acquire and analyze sales and market information, gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies.
- Conduct technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate to assist/supplement Field Application Specialists.
- Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing product demonstrations.
- Represent the company at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Advise management on market and sales strategies, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- Other job related duties as assigned, e.g. assist in selling outside of territory as needed or in sales training of other employees.
- Degree in Biology (MS, BS) or a related field.
- Lab bench experience in a research laboratory; knowledge of Proteomics research, techniques, and applications.
- First proven successful field sales experience in high end capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- Ideally experience in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
- Familiarity with key customer accounts in the region.
- Proficiency in presenting technical seminars and instrument demonstrations.
- Proficiency in organizing time and territory activities in order to efficiently maximize sales results.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills.
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty.·
- Problem-solving skills and ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.